The following documents are a mandatory requirement from each subcontractor and any of its sub-subcontractors prior to mobilization and start-up on site.
A: Subcontractor’s Start Up Documents
Each subcontractor and any of its sub-subcontractors are required to provide detailed procedures and safety documents prior to mobilization and start up on site. Download the Subcontractor’s Pre-Start Checklist:
Documents required before arrival to site:
2. Certificate of Insurance naming MJ Dixon Construction Limited as additional insured.
3. Valid Worker’s Compensation Certificate of Clearance WSIB
5. Health & Safety Program
7. Declaration of Competent Supervision (one declared supervisor/foreman for each contractor regardless of crew size)
9. Safety Data Sheets (SDS – pertinent only, no generic binders accepted)
These documents are to be emailed in pdf format to email@example.com. Please submit each item as individual separate pdf files.
Whenever expired documents are renewed and updated, it is the subcontractor’s responsibility to ensure that updated documents are submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org to replace expired documents.
Failure to provide these documents in a timely manner may result in being denied entry to the work site.
B: Subcontractor’s Site Documentation
When entering MJ Dixon projects, ALL subcontractors are to report to MJ Dixon’s Project Site Office before entering the work site. The following documents will be required to be submitted to our Project Site Office:
Daily Equipment Inspections (as applicable):
1. MOL reports (to be submitted on day of issue)
2. Government issued notices, permits, etc.
3. Site Permits (Hot Works, Lockout, Compressed Gas, etc.)
1. Certificate of Qualifications / Proof of Training (to be carried on person at all times)
6. Workplace Harassment & Violence Awareness
7. Trade or Task Specific Training
8. First Aid (one Certified First Aid Person per crew at minimum as well as First Aid Kit appropriate for crew size)
9. Safe Work Procedures (Fall Protection, Rescue, LO/TO, Traffic Control, etc.)
10. Engineering for Safety Equipment (Life Lines, Scaffolds, Temporary Anchors, etc.)
Site Orientations will be held by appointment only. Contact the Project Superintendent at least 24 hours in advance to reserve. All workers must receive site orientation prior to commencing work on site.
C: Subcontractor’s Billing Procedures & Documents
- Billing packages must be delivered monthly, no later than the 25th of the month by electronic format to email@example.com.
- Each billing package should include:
- Progress billing for the period and any supporting documentation
- Statutory Declaration for second and all subsequent progress draws
- Valid Worker’s Compensation Certificate of Clearance WSIB
Please submit each item noted above as separate pdf files.
To avoid any unnecessary delay to payments, please ensure this procedure is exactly adhered to.